Thursday, October 1, 2015

My Pregnancy: Nine Months Traveling Diary!

Welcome to Travel+Experiment!

My passion of travel and sightseeing has not deterred or hindered just because I am pregnant. There are only a few things that you must be aware and extra careful to protect your newborn from any adverse effects when traveling. It is highly recommended to consult with your physician or health provider in regards to traveling in air, land or water. Your first trimester is the most crucial stage of your pregnancy so traveling during this time should be limited due to high risk of miscarriage. My estimated delivery due date is on September 3rd, 2015 in Florida. 
December 2014
My dream in life is to raise a healthy and prosperous family. I first found out that I was pregnant last December 2014 and that was the time I was jumping for joy! I knew in my heart that God answered my prayer and that I am thankful for everything. 

These photos were taken when I arrived here in United States. Being new in Fayetteville, NC we explored the surrounding parks and scenery around downtown and nearby Special Operation Airborne museum.
Last December 2014 also my husband and I spent our New Year’s in Wisconsin and Chicago. We spent our holiday vacation with my mother and sister in laws and stayed for few days with them. Luckily, it was also the first time I saw snow falling from skies. I was dancing outside of my sister’s in laws apartment, crawling on the ground with snow like a happy kid, singing the frozen movie song “Let it go!” My mother in law who joined me in my dancing outside kept on laughing at me thinking I was doing crazy. These are the photos during snow outside the apartment.
We also visited for the day to my first cousin Mr. & Mrs. Oliver Sabitsana’s family and their home in Chicago. It was a happy and amazing experienced as we get to see the three kids are all grown up from the last time I’ve seen them. The Sabitsana family graciously toured us around the tourist attraction in the city inside Chicago; The Bean, John Hancock Observatory Tower and the Millennium Park. We were so thankful for them for their kindness, hospitality and for inviting us for lunch and dinner to their home. 
We also visited Mr. & Mrs. Bradford Tan, my husband’s cousin and family. We also stayed there for lunch and dinner and they even gave us a Christmas presents. We were so thankful to them for being so kind to us and even invited us to their home. These are the photos taken in Chicago visit.
After visiting Mr.&Mrs. Bradford & family, we proceed to one of my husband's cousins also lives nearby. We were able to see her and her two wonderful daughters. We exchanged greetings and introduced myself to her as her new in law. Then, we headed out to the restaurant for dinner.

January & February 2015

We had a great time visiting Mr.&Mrs. David Christen at their home in Indian Trail, Charlotte. We spent the night there as it was a U.S holiday in the following morning and enjoyed chatting to each other. We had fun with their dogs Maggie & Bart. I was surprised as Audrey Christen gave me a presents. I was happy and thankful for their kindness  and sweetness to us. Hope to see them next time!
By these months since I am not allowed to do any heavy manual labor in order for me to prevent miscarriage. During this time, I started reading blogs about travels. I was inspired by those writers how they started and who have helped a lot of people by reading to their blogs. They also find the time to do blogging, sharing their passion about traveling and exploring adventures at the same time. By reading about it, I was inspired to conceptualize a blog on my own since I have traveled a lot when I was in the Philippines and have decided why not start it now since I have all the time in the world. So, I created my blog and start writing and publishing travel information. The website of my blog is: https://anziehendmutter.blogspot.com/  Here is my ultrasound of my baby at first month.
March 2015

Finally, my first trimester is over. It is not unusual for pregnant women especially those in early pregnancy to have a list of turn offs and eating may feel like a worse, vomiting thanks to morning sickness. My body is changing and my belly is started popping out. I have heard my baby’s heartbeat and I was happy listening to the baby’s breathing. In my second trimester, I’ll be seeing my health care practitioner once every four weeks. I’ll probably gained five pounds by now. And also this time, we are also waiting for the social security process from Department of Homeland and Security about my updated social security card number.
On the other hand, we decided to explore with my husband the downtown historical landmarks & museum. We went to see the Museum of the Cape Fear  Historical Complex in downtown , Fayetteville. The museum is about the history and cultural heritage of southern North Carolina. Opened in 1988 and located in Fayetteville, includes the main history museum, the 1897 Poe House, and Arsenal Park.

April 2015

For the month of April, I am already in my 20 weeks pregnancy (in my second trimester) and so excited and also nervous. I had my Down syndrome laboratory test and my ultrasound taken during this time. And finally we found out the gender of our baby and we are having a girl! My baby weighs probably about 10 ½ ounces now and measures 6 ½ inches from head to bottom about the size of a banana. I have noticed and felt the baby’s kicked in my tummy. At this time of pregnancy, I am expected to take more iron to help and keep up with the ever demanding need of supplies of my baby’s growing needs. 

On the other hand, we visited museums in Raleigh. It was a great experience. I was so thankful to my husband.
North Carolina Museum of Natural Sciences
North Carolina Museum of History
North Carolina Museum of Art 
May 2015

I had my lab test taken for the Down syndrome and the result was great with negative result. Due to our plan to move to Florida, we requested all my medical records with Cape Fear Valley OB GYN Imaging to be released before May 20, 2015. 
We will continue our monthly checkup in Florida once everything is settled. At the moment, we are busy packing things and preparing for moving out on May 20, 2015.
On the other hand, we bought a Chinese sharpie puppy, four months old who is sweet and cute. We fell in love with him easily. I was so thankful for my husband for buying it. It reminds me of Bhaskar, my Chinese sharpie dog I left in the Philippines. Having a family pet in the United States is very different than that in the Philippines. The veterinarian doctors do really know the inside and out of taking care of the family pets. One thing that I found out very quickly is how expensive it is to maintain a healthy pet. We are happy that we have a companion in our home and addition to our growing family.

For this month also, we attended a wedding of Brandon Tan and Sarah Bereza in Cincinnati, Ohio. Brandon is the first cousin of my husband. It was a great experience in Ohio. 

June 2015

We finally moved on May 25, 2015 from Fayetteville North Carolina to Lakeland Florida. For the coming years, my husband mother house will be our new home. This month, we are so busy unpacking boxes, cleaning the house, making appointments to our new health providers and preparing for the wedding in Chicago in my husband’s cousin.
Speaking of maternity, we got approved in Women’s Care Florida Lakeland OB-GYN as my new health care provider for my monthly prenatal visits. I had my Blood Sugar lab test taken and the result was fine. We also enrolled Child Birth, Breastfeeding and Newborn Classes for upcoming months as our education as new parents. We finally met our my new OB-GYN doctor and she’ll be meeting us twice a week starting this month and a month before my due date we will be meeting her every week.
My husband and I were invited to attend a wedding that was being held at Chicago’s prestigious Fourth Presbyterian Church for Dr. Bradford and Dr. Ailyn Tan one and only daughter, Ainah Tan with soon to be husband Michael Lohmeier. The wedding was celebrated on June 27, 2015 and follow on with the reception at Four Seasons Hotel. We were so honored to attend this kind of wedding together with my husband as it is a once in a lifetime experience for us.
July 2015
I am starting reading a book about maternal-newborn nursing. This is in correlation with my enrolled classes mentioned. Few more weeks to go and I’ll be near in my due date. Hopefully I can gain some insights about parenting, taking care of the newborn and staying healthy for both mom and the baby.
As we all know that here in the United States, July 4th is their biggest US holiday and people are celebrating it everywhere with fireworks and spending time with family and friends. For us, we spent our 4th of July in the beach of Sanibel Island, Bowman’s Beach Florida. We left the house at 5:00 AM and driving for 3 hours going to the beach. Yes, the beaches here are few hours’ drive away and it’s crowded as people are spending their long weekend vacation also at the beach. We arrive there at past 8:00 AM and the beach is beautiful with few people as it is too early. Good thing we arrive at the earliest possible time so we can enjoy taking pictures and enjoy swimming. The ocean is lovely and the weather is very nice and warm. Bowman’s beach is a very nice place with white sand and long shoreline. We thank God in all our blessings that we receive and just simple having a good time.  Happy 4th of July America!!
We attended the childbirth class on July 11, 2015 from 9:00 AM-5:00 PM. The class consists of understanding pregnancy, labor and delivery, comfort techniques, medical procedures, caesarian birth, and newborn and postpartum care. It also highlights ways partners can help throughout the process.
We also attended the Epidural class. Since I’ll be having a normal delivery, my husband and I were required to attend this class as I am eligible for epidural for labor. Epidural anesthesia is another option for pain relief during labor which is possible and can be given by an anesthesiologist or nurse anesthetist prior coming to hospital, and been given an opportunity to view a video, to ask questions, be interviewed and make financial arrangements. We also had our pre-delivery tour of the mother baby unit of the hospital.

August 2015

As we get closer to our due date, my husband and I signed up for Breastfeeding Class on August 12, 2015 at Lakeland OBGYN. We learned a lot from this breastfeeding class that includes the intimacy and closeness that developed between a mother and a baby. Regardless of how well you are prepared for the new baby, there will be a lot of unknown and doubt in which there will be a period of time of adjustment for the new experience. Excitement, nervousness, joy and being overwhelmed are just a few of the emotions you may encounter.
My husband’s family and relatives were preparing a baby shower for our first baby on August 12, 2015. We were so overwhelmed and thankful of their kindness and generosity for hosting and organizing the baby shower for us. They include a couple of especially theme games for the baby shower which consists of milk drinking in a baby bottle, guess the baby food and size up the baby belly with a string. One of the guests made ceviche with tuna that tasted so good but I couldn’t eat it because of my diet restriction. And best of all, was the misunderstanding of who was going to purchase the cake. To our surprise, there were three different size and flavor of cakes which made the baby shower even more interesting. We are very thankful for such a loving and caring family that helped us offset the costs of our baby need.  
We finally attended our Newborn Class on August 20, 2015 at Lakeland OBGYN with my husband. This class helps us a lot when it comes to parenting and providing us guidance about caring for yourself and for your new baby. We learned a lot from this class as it covers essential information on taking care of yourself after childbirth, feeding your baby, and caring for your newborn. It also highlights important warning signs so you know when to call for help.
September 2015

Welcome to the world baby Ashley Gaviola Ang. Daddy and Mommy are so happy to see you. Thank you Lord God for the answered, safe delivery and for giving us a healthy and such adorable baby.


Happy Travels!
Don't just keep this to yourself. SHARE!



No comments:

Post a Comment