Friday, January 1, 2016

Our first time Chicago 2015 New Year Experience!

Welcome to Travel+Experiment!   

My husband and I decided to go to Chicago and Wisconsin and spend our New Year 2015. This is the first time that both I and my husband are going to visit. We were excited to see my mother and sister in laws who are living in Wisconsin and afterwards visit my relatives in Chicago area. And so we started packing our things and headed to the airport for our flight from Raleigh, NC to Chicago.
When we arrived at the Chicago airport (which is my first time visit). I was excited to be in Chicago airport being I read so much in the social media that Chicago is the second busiest airport in the United States. In 2005, O'Hare was the world's busiest airport by aircraft movements, the second busiest by total passenger traffic (due to government enforced flight caps) and they do offer as many commercial flights. The City of Chicago is the world headquarters for United Airlines, the world's third largest airline. 
During our arrival in the terminal, my husband warned me to dress warmly because the weather is so cold. Not thinking so much of what cold is during this time I just nonchalantly move along towards the main gate knowingly for warned about the cold. As the door opens in the main gate I was hit with a wall of super freezing gust of wind which chilled all the way down to my bone and ran back inside. I was so freezing that my head hurts not knowing that it can be this cold. Afterwards, my mother and sister in laws picked up us in the Chicago airport. We drove about an hour to Wisconsin where they live. Wisconsin state capital is Madison, and its largest city is Milwaukee, which is located on the western shore of Lake Michigan. It is bordered by Minnesota to the west, Iowa to the southwest, Illinois to the south, Lake Michigan to the east, Michigan to the northeast, and Lake Superior to the north.
We spent our holiday vacation with my mother and sister in laws and stayed for few days with them. Luckily, it was also the first time I saw snow falling from skies. I was dancing outside of my sister’s in laws apartment, crawling on the ground with snow like a happy kid, singing the frozen movie song “Let it go!” My mother in law who joined me in my dancing outside kept on laughing at me thinking I was doing crazy. These are the photos during snow outside the apartment.
We also visited for the day to my first cousin Mr. &Mrs. Oliver Sabitsana’s family and their home in Chicago. It was a happy and amazing experienced as we get to see the three kids are all grown up from the last time I’ve seen them. The Sabitsana family graciously toured us around the tourist attraction in the city inside Chicago; The Bean, John Hancock Observatory Tower and the Millennium Park. We were so thankful for them for their kindness, hospitality and for inviting us for lunch and dinner to their home. 


We also visited Mr. & Mrs. Bradford Tan, my husband’s cousin and family. We also stayed there for lunch and dinner and they even gave us a Christmas presents. We were so thankful to them for being so kind to us and even invited us to their home. These are the photos taken in Chicago visit.
After visiting Mr.&Mrs. Bradford & family, we proceed to one of my husband's cousins also lives nearby. We were able to see her and her two wonderful daughters. We exchanged greetings and introduced myself to her as her new in law. Then, we headed out to the restaurant for dinner.

We totally enjoyed our holiday vacation in Chicago. A simple getaway to spend time with the families that we hardly see for the entire year. The weather was very cooperative during our visit in the windy city without much delay on our travel to see people around the city. The city of Chicago is one of our lists to visit again during the summer time to see the city in a different season view.


Happy Travels!

Don't just keep this to yourself. SHARE!



1 comment:

  1. Great tips, many thanks for sharing. I have printed and will stick on the wall! I like this blog. Buying a House in Nashville

    ReplyDelete